Thread: Help a newbie out....

Question Help a newbie out....

And please be patient with me.

So - what do you use to adhere digi lo's to cardstock? Do you use the same thing for ribbons, embellishments, etc.? We are going on vacation to Disney next week and I am already planning how to scrap it when we get back. There are SOO many realyl cute elements and stuff in the paper world that I want to incorporate into my digital lo's. So any and ALL advice is gladly accepted!! Please share for anyone that has done this.

TIA!
    Sue

Hi Sue! I use quite a few different adhesives depending on the stock or item I'm working with. I print my layouts and digi items on Matte Paper Heavyweight by Epson. I use scrapbook adhesives e-z runner vellum to adhere that and most cardstocks and papers. That seems to work well enough.

For small chipboard items, I use Magic Scraps Scrappy Glue. It works well with medal too. I will sometimes use it for larger chipboard items but have found that tacky tape works better. Pretty much any glue which is archival safe is fine for my digi layouts. I don't use gloss paper either so signs of glue haven't shown up either. Hope that helps!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Wow. I've never thought of doing this. I have my digi layouts in my 8x8 book, along side my cut-paste layouts... But I dont know why, I never thought of sincerely mixing the two. (other than printing a date/name onto the photo and using it with cut-paste) I have no advice for you, but thanks for planting the seed for me.

~jen~
    GEAUX TIGERS!
    I'm the cure for the common avatar.
    In route to greatness.

I use those awful adhesive squares. I know, I know, they're a pain to use (peeling off the backing, etc.), but when my DH placed a bunch of my layouts on the wall as a surprise (covered a wall in the living room), the layouts that I didn't use the tabs with, everything fell off!

For chipboard I use Tacky Tape or Glue Dots, depending on the width of the item.

Good luck! I love mixing digital with paper stuff!
    Tammy Moore
    P.S. I use matte paper too, so it doesn't show my fingerprints.

Red face Boss and I

When I take a long time, I am slow.   When my boss takes a long time, he is thorough.   When I don't do it, I am lazy.   When my boss doesn't do it, he is too busy.   When I do something without being told, I am trying to be smart.   When my boss does the same, that is initiative.   When I please my boss, I am ass-kissing. ..World Of Warcraft gold is WoW gold  When my boss pleases his boss, he is co-operating.   I do good, my boss never remembers.   When I do wrong, he never forgets.