Thread: glue or tape or something else

Default glue or tape or something else

got a question... I'm working on an album that is cardstock bound, and I am printing the pages and adhering them on. I did one page with my xryon and it was almost overkill... not to mention, the edges are still sticky. Is there something better? I've used double sided tape, and maybe it was the kind I got, but it didn't stick very well. Should I get corners? other kinds of tape? a different glue? I've used spray adhesive too, and that is too messy for me... plus, I don't like having to run up from the basement to go outside to use it (lol)

thanks for any help here!

I am like you- the spray is too sticky I like things that are easy to apply! I do like my Xyron but if not that I usually use this Duck brand tape. It is my FAVORITE. It sticks, is affordable, the dispenser is easy to use and I have never had a jam like I have with the expensive ones. The only problem is finding it. I can only find it at my local WalMart unfortunately so I try to stock up.

for those of you in Australia.. i have been buying up in BULK.. of a double sided tape. Woolworths has a BAD scrapping section.. and you will find a roll of double sided tape in the mix... it ROCKS... it is fantastic.. it STICKs. like nothing else I have seen.. and .. it is dirt cheap. $1.50 a roll.. which lasts me forever.. finally - we get the good stuff

I am waiting on a Xyron from the states tho... super excited about THAT!
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

Kari, I use "E-Z Runner" made by Scrapbook Adhesive. You can get it from scrapbooking shops. It's the best adhesive I've tried. It has a great dispenser, you get a little bit of give to position and then it's permanent.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by KarenLewis; 09-07-2006 at 06:53 AM.
    Karen

Be sure to check out my blog
    you never know when you might just find a freebie

Visit my stores

Digital Freebies, One of a Kind Scrapz

Hi Kari,
    I made a similar album recently, I used Pritt glue tape
    Pritt
    It's great, no mess

HTH Nisha

Oh thisi s such a helpful thread! I am going to check some of these out! I just bought some glue at Target made by the "Scotch" brand name. It is in a pen type applicator and it actually just looked like Elmer's to me when I first used it. BUT it doesn't do that bleeding through thing that glues normally do when you use it on paper. It says it is for scrapbooking and I guess it really is made well for paper crafting. So far, for me anyhow, I really like it. Doesn't pour out when you squeeze, gives you a TEENY bit of play before it sticks permanently, doesn't bleed. So far, so good. But I am still on the hunt for a good tape style adhesive. And a cutting tool--but that's another thread

Smile Tape

I like "ZIP DRY GLUE"....it does not wrinkle and works well for making little hybrid things