Thread: Help putting my mini album together

Hybrid View

Default Help putting my mini album together

I am busy creating a mini album with the photos from my ds birthday party. I am using the popsicle piece a cake album. I need some help putting the album together.
    I am using cardstock to which I am going to adhere all the printed pages (doing a 6 by 6). What would u recommend as the best binding method? Something that would last and not tear, etc.
    Should i use eyelets with binding rings or ribbon or do u think it will suffice just to punch holes and use ribbon or rings?
    btw...any tips on punching holes with even spaces between them

Thanks

Jen I have done several mini albums and also been a paper scrapper for 4+yrs as well as taught for the past 18 months or so and my experience has been that using eyelets to stabilise the cardstock would be your best option and would certainly be less stressful on you pages with all that handling that will take place. Whether or not you use binding rings as well as eyelets is a personal choice and I have done both and used ribbon tied to the binder rings or straight through the eyelets and both work just as well as each other. If you were using a heavier cardstock (cardboard) then you could get away with not using eyelets but for a lesser weight cardstock I think the eyelets are needed. Last thing you want is for the holes to tear and it is not always easy to repair.
    HTH in some ways and I am sure others will have other thoughts to your question as well.

Oh and I almost forgot I have always just used a good old ruler and pencil to mark out even spacings for the holes
    Chris's Blog
    Chris's Gallery

Creating 4 Bella Scraps MagazineTM.

I made my own mini books with cardstock by using an extra long stapler. As long as you don't have too many pages this works great. I bought a few cardstock mini books from the Memory Makers website and they were just stapled together. So if you can find an extra long (I mean really long, LOL) stapler (mine has a ruler printed onto it) you can do this. I highly recommend a good paper cutting tool also, so you can cut straight (I don't have one and it is a nightmare-LOL!). If you think you will do a bunch (or even just a few) of these, I think it's well worth the investment--probably about $25 (US) for the stapler.

HTH

Thanks so much guys.
    Will post the completed album once done. These mini albums are soooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by JennyP
    Thanks so much guys.
    Will post the completed album once done. These mini albums are soooo addictive
    They are aren't they!?!? These little ditties have changed my scrapping life...lol!!!! I just can't get enough of them!!!

Yes! I'm Lovin' the mini albums!! I've already made two gifts with the one from shabbyprincess.com . I never even thought of using cardstock to make one, thanks for all of the tips (I had been using the albums from Target's dollar spot, but I already used up my stash!).

love making mini albums, too! i use my BIA to bind the pages together and it completes as though it was professionally done (hihi!)