Thread: Changing colour photos

Default Changing colour photos

Im trying to do the fathers day book and I want to turn my colour photos black and white or Sepia. But I just cant get it right to look good. Does have anyone have a way they do it.
    I love the depth and colour in the photos of Karlise fathers day books. Everytime I change the colours it looks flat and blaa.

What program are you using? If you are using PS there are lots of actions that do a really great job. I use Tina's (lilpickel) and LOVE them you can find information on them here. If you are using PSE or one of the other programs, you may want to google effects/styles or another key word for your program and see what you can find.

Also, there are some tutorials at DSP and at SBB which may be helpful.

HTH!!!

Definitely check out the links Steph gave I wanted to mention that when I convert to B/W I usually have to crank up the contrast and sometimes brightness too. In PS I use a color overlay to add a sepia look. If you are using PSP there is a Sepia option in one of the menus and I usually just used that (when I used PSP) but still adjusted contrast and/or brightness.

HTH!!

Heaps of links to actions and filters here

I wasnt too keen on the sepia looking photos for the fathers day album.. try a chocolate finish instead - it is a little richer and not as warm

kubota does great chocolate or photoblast has a selection of choc finishes too. (see above link - to the list of links)
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

Thanks everyone. Im on the prowl now to find some great filters

I was taught this way of doing it. I use Photoshop

Turn the image greyscale.
    Duplicate the layer, on the layer palette there is a drop down box, click on that and change the top layer to 'overlay', then adjust the opacity till it looks how you want it. Also may need to play with curves/levels.

HTH
    ~~DEE~~
    SAHM to Lauren 22 months