Thread: my daughters photo question of the day . . .

Default my daughters photo question of the day . . .

She just sent me a text message from her office. Her boss just returned from a trip to Europe. Here is her question: Is there a way for "D" to retrieve the 600 pictures from the stick he automatically reformated on the way home.
    Told her not that I was aware of.

Nancy

Not too likely. Reformatting gets rid of all the old info. Maybe there is some way to retreive the pics, since I always hear about how there are still imprints left even after a reformat. But probably not unless you have some spankin' high tech FBI style equipment. Hopefully someone else will tell you differently.

Hey .... Even imprints would be only available to 'look' at.. you couldnt print them... how sad!
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

DH tells me if he doesnt add new stuff... it is possible to retrieve them, in their original size. It will cost him but look for a data retrieval service in their area and weigh up if the cost is worth the photos.

as he explains it to me.. the formatting moves the data around and resets it.. so if you add stuff it fills that space.. no new addition means it is lurking (how odd does that sound....)

worth a shot tho!
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

Thanks, all, I just called my daughter and passed on the info. Not sure what he has done in the mean time, but told her to have him look for data retrieval service in their area. We will see what happens. It appears it was ALL of his pictures from England for just over a week. oops.....

Thanks much, I will keep you posted!
    Nancy
    Last edited by Nancy906; 06-02-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Hope he can get the pictures back!!! That would be AWESOME!!!!

I went to Spain for a few weeks one summer back when I was in HS (way before digital-LOL!). I had stayed with a family there and somehow managed to leave all my film (used film) behind. I called them when I got home and the lady of the house had thrown the film in the trash!!! I had a good cry over that one.

Like I said--I hope he can get them back!!! Let us know

Hi,

A while back I accidentally deleted all my photos from a vacation. I purchased (downloaded) File Rescue Plus software & was able to retrieve all of them except for a few. Here's is the link if you would like to share it with your daughter.
    http://www.softwareshelf.com/files/p...e=_at_a_glance

Hope he is able to retrieve his photos...I was thrilled to get mine back.

HTH!!
    Deb

thanks, for the link Deb. I am not sure I want to send it to him, I don't think he is too computer savy and might do further damage. I found a couple of downloads for file retreival last night. I totally understand the devistation, while I have not deleted my own files, I do take a ton of pictures when i am out of town. I panic when I have moved them from machine to machine over the years, sometime they might not make it is my concern.

My daughter called him last night and he was already grabbing the phone book to look for help.
    Last edited by Nancy906; 06-03-2006 at 10:40 AM.
    Nancy 906

Update ....it worked. My dd's boss took his reformated photo stick to a data recovery place and they got all his pictures back. He is one happy camper.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Nancy
    Nancy 906