Thread: lenses

Default lenses

What do you use? I have the Canon Digital Rebel but want to upgrade to the 20D or 30D at xmas...yes I am drooling that far ahead, lol. I am seeing some awesome photos browsing the gallery (Lanne, sparkleberry, and so many many other fantastic galleries). There is so much talent here it blows my mind. Was wondering what lenses are your favs?
    Have a great day!
    Laura

Hi, I am just getting back into the SLR world, so I really don't have an opinion. But I found this post, and just in case you hadn't seen it, I thought it may help...

http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/forum...read.php?t=252

and at the very least, I am bumping your question to the main board, so someone else can chime in
    ~ashleigh
    ~*my gallery*~

Ooooh I am excited for you to get your new cam!!! I am soooo hoping to get a 20d or 30d as well Hopefully for my b-day but maybe for Christmas. B-day comes first-LOL!

ohhh I am so excited to have gotten a mention...very kind of you but i am absolutely no help whatsoever...LOL

I have a Canon S2.. and .. I have to be honest.. I whack it on Auto and shoot and click more often than not.. I try and make sure that the subject is in an appealing environment.. (no bad distracting objects/people) and go for it.. Anything magical happens in PS....

but lenses and digital SLRs all sound nice too! I have no patience whatsoever but i do when photographing.. and I always try and let people find their own way arounda space and I click.. I prefer my images this way... nice to be thought of tho!
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

I have a rebel and I just got the 50mm f/1.8 that everyone was talking about in the thread mentioned above. I have only shot 2 photos with it (just got it yesterday) but I can tell I am going to L-O-V-E it!!!! I was lucky to inherit a couple lenses from my dad and I had the kit lens, which I was actually pretty happy with....but this new one.....WOW!! It is going to be fabulous to take portraits with and I can't wait to be able to use it in low lights when the new baby comes!!!

With the short lenses I can't help much I have the digital rebel also and am drooling over the XTi which I plan to get at the end of next month. I do equine photography and the lens I use all of the time is my Canon EF 75-300mm USM IS lens. I love that lens. I tell you what, no matter what lens you get... you should aim for the one with IS (image stabilizing).
    Heather

Scrappy Pony Designs
    My Blog