Thread: what kind of camera do you recommend?

Default what kind of camera do you recommend?

I am thinking about upgrading to the Canon 20D...any users out there have any comments?

I have a Canon S2 and love it... I dont know much about the 20d but assume it would be great....

anyone else?
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

I have a Kodak DX7590 had it about a year and I absolutely love it! Takes great pictures............will be my camera until i save up for the Nikon I want!
    Brandie

"Live Life Like You are not going to see tomorrow"

" The eyes of a dolphin see and feel what no other can possibly comprehend." (Malloy Watson 1998)

Aunt to Trinity 10-11-00 and Grant 10-22-04,Devin 7-22-92, Felicia 5-20-94 and Luke 3-14-2001 sister to aedwards "Angie" and Michelle, stepsister to Beverly

Girlfriend of 5 years and 3 months to Alan

My World

I have heard great things about the 20D- I have the XT and love it- before that I had the Kodak DX 7590 and loved that one too!
    http://mylilcreations.blogspot.com/
    Tina's templates and creations

I recently received a Kodak z740 for valentines day. I aboslutely LOVE it. I wanted it because it has a perfect blend of manual and automatic features. Not to mention it isn't as pricey as the Canon S2 (my first choice).
    Perfect for the amature and the pro. If you would like to see the photos I have taken with it-
    check out my flickr account
    here are a few of my favorites:

There is a really good rescource on the web to check out cameras
    Digital Camera Resource, they go into detail about the good, bad and the ugly of every camera under the sun. A definite must for the camera shopper.

Okay I better stop now before this turns into an infomercial!
    Happy easter!!
    Last edited by Islandscrapper; 04-16-2006 at 12:11 AM.

I have the eos 300d. So the old rebel. not the xt. I am seriously thinking of upgrading to either the 30d or the 5d. I am leaning on the 5d. Both of them have the same life span, but I love the fact that the 5d is 12mp and the others are all about the same around 8mp. I have heard great things about both. But I think the 5d will be a better investment in the long run!
    Tegan

I want the XTi simply for the price. I REALLY need the 20D for my pro shots. The XTi has a shutter speed of up to 1/4000 of a second and the 20D has a shutter speed of up to 1/8000 of a second. Much better for the equine photography that I do. I have a shoot coming up next month so depending on the profits from that I'll see what camera I get, lol. I use the original digital rebel right now. You can see my galleries at www.heathergreen.net
    Heather

Scrappy Pony Designs
    My Blog

I'm a Nikon girl. I have the D70 and would love to get the D80! The D50 is a great way to start on digi SLRs and is not too expensive.

Heather

I sooo need to update this post..LOL. I have a 30D now.. I loved the fastness of the S2 .. and would recommend it if anyone is looking for something a bit cheaper and easy!.. it is a brilliant outdoor point and shoot.

The 30d.. is lovely! We are very good friends now. I keep it on auto.. and it is nice to me..LOL I even buy it the odd lens to seal the friendship!
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog