Thread: Cool font utility

Default Cool font utility

Found a cool font utility named: FontRenamer. Here is the description from the site:

FontRenamer renames truetype font files (*.ttf) to the real name of the typefaces.
    Simply select a folder of font files and click Rename button.
    Arial bold italic.ttf instead of arialbi.ttf
    Brush Script.ttf instead of brushscn.ttf

FontRenamer is Freeware. Its at the neuber website under the freeware category.

I had a few hundred font files with names like TT0729M_.ttf (Balloon Extra Bold BT) and other non-descript names. When the program comes across duplicate font names, it will change the name and then add "(2)". You can then quickly spot your duplicate font files and delete.

Because you can do whole folders at once, (and I know many have way bigger collections than I do) it is a real time saver over the rename function in the ever popular "The Font Thing". ( In TFT, you can only rename one font at a time.)

In addition to weeding out duplicate files, the real benefit I found to renaming all those ambiguous font file names is that I can quickly and eaily search my whole "My Fonts" folder in seconds for a font instead of looking in each of my collections to see where I might have put it. When I come across a font on a LO that I like, I just do a search. 9 out of 10 times I already have the font!

Just thought I'd pass along the info. Maybe you might want to check it out!

I just noticed this post, but I will sure use it!!! I think I have over 1000 fonts now (I'm addicted) and anything that helps me organize them will make life easier! Thanks for the tip!

Me to, way to many fonts to keep up with. Thanks for the tool!

Exclamation the bitterest of the bitter

if you wish to be the best man, you must suffer the bitterest of the bitter.-------------------------Our wow power leveling website offer Fast and Secure wow powerleveling service. WoW Power Leveling 60-70, Cheap wow power leveling 1-70. The Professional WoW Power Leveling! Powerlevel WoW Power Leveling now. WOrld of warcraft Power Leveling bloom of true love associated with this time of year!