Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite PP "trick"

Default What's your favorite PP "trick"

Besides sharpening and noise reduction-LOL-what do you find yourself using most often when you PP? I know I am starting to use my Virtual Photographer almost all the time and I tend to duplicate the layer, use VP Ambience setting (maybe play with that a bit) and then reduce the opacity of that layer to around 50%. Usually gives me something I am happy with. But, of course, I am noooooo pro and don't have nearly the fab pics I see from many of you.

Defog (= usm of 20/60/0)- I do this to all my photos! Some less then others but it's my favorite and a must for me! Also I love to enhance the color with actions :0)
    Tina

Virtual Photographer is used on almost every photo on my layouts.

Rachel

Most of the time I sharpen, adjust curves a tad, and add a little contrast.
    Angela

My Blog

Proudly designing layouts for:
    Heather Roselli
    Manda Bean
    Andrea Victoria
    Marie Koegelenberg
    Marsha Zepeda
    Kristin Cronin-Barrow
    Sandra Boddington
    Fee Jardine
    Maya

I adjust by curves, tweak contrast a little, and normally use an unsharp mask. When my DDL sends photos of my grandchildren they aren't of the quality I prefer so I definitely use Virtual Photographer on those. It has helped me save many a photo. I sometimes change backgrounds in photos too. Most times I just use lens blur to change it but occasionally I remove the old completely and add a new one. I'm working on one now that my DDL sent that I just love. It is of my DGD leaning on a fence in a playground. The background is really cluttered with playground equipment, other kids; very distracting. So I'm removing the original and adding a blurred background that looks much better for this particular photo.
    ~Betty Jo~

Please visit my gallery and my blog!

Okay, Tina, can you give more details? Your pictures are UNBELIEVABLE & I need to know how to get pictures like that!!

I've got a Sony Cybershot DSC-F828, so I know I have the equipment I need. Are there specific actions you use? How can I enhance the clarity, sharpness, color - all of it - like you have? My pictures are good, but yours are on a different level altogether.

Any assistance, plug-ins, whatever guidance would be HUGELY appreciated!! BTW - I use Photoshop CS2 & have Virtual Photographer.
    Christy

Quote Originally Posted by lilpickel
    Defog (= usm of 20/60/0)- I do this to all my photos! Some less then others but it's my favorite and a must for me! Also I love to enhance the color with actions :0)
    Tina
    Tina I use PSCS2--where do I find Defog? Thanks!!
    ~Betty Jo~

Please visit my gallery and my blog!

What is exactly is this Virtual Photographer thing you guys are talking about (I'm probably going to look pretty stupid here...lol)?

Betty Jo, how do you add in another background without it looking fake? When I try to do that it looks fake or there's little chunks of the old background still attached to my subjects, etc. You have any tricks for me that might help?
    Emily
    (aka bugshine)

My Gallery

My Blog: My Mosaic

April Guest Creative Team Member for Gina Miller

Virtual Photographer is a Photoshop plug-in. See OptikVervelabs.com. Great program that is free.

Default Christy & Betty Jo

Christy,
    Thank you, you are to kind
    I use lots of actions, use curves, different layers - I guess it depends on what the photo needs- if you would like to email me a photo (lilpickel@sbcglobal.net) I will do a few things on it, then tell you what I did that way! It's just kinda hard to say what I do to all the photos- for each it's different!

Betty Jo,
    For a defog you go to filters>sharpen>Unsharp mask (USM) then put in these #'s 20/60/0. If you plan on doing more to your photos (actions or what not) start with 10/30/0. HTH

Tina
    Last edited by lilpickel; 03-11-2006 at 10:24 PM.