Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you print?

Lightbulb How do you print?

Hello
    I'm new and already addicted! I am wondering how you print? Does everyone use a personal printer? Does anyone use a service? (Like Sams, Walmart, Target or a digi scrapper that has a printing business?)
    Thanks! Emily

I use my personal printer, but I'm thinking about trying out Sam's Club, my printer isn't the greatest.

Jen

I use my personal printer and I now do any paper scrapp'ing in 8x8 so that they will be compatible with my digi layouts. I did have a friend recently print a book on shutterfly. It was very very cool. Its hard cover and if anything every happens (like fire or flood) I believe she has all the photos stored for the book. I dont know if shutterfly does it or if its just on her computer. Anyway, the hardcover book was amazing and shipped to her in right around a week. I think I'll be trying this next.

~jen~
    GEAUX TIGERS!
    I'm the cure for the common avatar.
    In route to greatness.

I have been waondering about this too...
    What was the size of the printed book?? What size LO did she work with?
    Thanks,
    Tina

Good question! I have just started to really get into the digital scrapbooking and I LOVE IT!!!!
    I tried to send some stuff off to Kinko's but I couldn't get it to work over the internet. I have been doing all of my pages on 12x12.
    I often wonder what is more cost effective. To send them off someplace to be printed or to purchase my own 12x12 printer and ink?

I went to shutterfly and they have a section in their "photobooks" that lets you upload your own designs, even for the cover, into a bound book. They have 12x12, 8 1/2 x11, 8x8, and 5x7. I thought it was a bit pricey, but I haven't really measured it against the cost of a printer/ink/paper. I they have a specs guide that tells you how to save your LO and a guide that will let you preview how it will look printed ( I haven't tested any of this, just what the site says... ). Anyway- I think I will try them and I'll post how it turns out!!
    Tina

http://www.shutterfly.com/shop/produ...8x8_Story_Book

let me know if that link doesn't work...

Tina

That is so cool.

I think I might get my act together and make up a couple of books for my mom and mother in law for mother's day.

I think they would really like it.

I really don't think it's all that expensive considering it's a custom made hard bound book. I love that you can decorate the cover also.

Thanks for sharing the link,

Jen

yeah , i guess it's not too pricey, considering you'd have to buy an album anyway...

i'm getting started on one tonight as soon as the kids are in bed...

Tina

Red face TY for all the replies and Shutterfly info!

Hi everyone!
    Thanks for all this help. And I've got some great things to tell you about shutterfly.....I am a customer. Once you sign up, they send GREAT coupons!
    So soon you will receive coupons that you can use on photo books....in fact, I think I have one right now....take 30% off any order for Mother's day.
    I will go look.....does anyone want the coupon code?
    Emily