Thread: A question please

Default A question please

Hi everyone, I am new to this so hope I get an answer to my question. Just rec'd an email with Bella Mothers Day album which is gorgeous. It says that it is 8 x 8 but that it was printed as 6 x 6 to do the book. I know it's dumb, but still trying to learn about digital scrapbooking, so my question is do I create each page as 8 x 8 and then when printed set as 6 x 6, or do I create as 6 x 6 first? I am using Photoshop elements 5. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Hello,
    The pages are each 8”x8" each ... I usually create the POC albums in the same size (8x8) and then flatten it and convert to 6x6 to print, I have done one in 4x4 & it looks great too ... if you have any other questions feel free to ask
    Nisha

Yes, the way Nisha said is one way that is excellent to use for resizing. There are a few options but I don't think any are better or worse--I guess LOL!

A) You can open the file at 8x8 and duplicate it (then close the original so you have it to use again). Then resize the file and work from there. Flatten and print when done

B) You can do waht Nisha said

C) You can just open the file, work with it and save it at 8x8 (as a JPEG) and upload to whatever online printer you like. Then just choose the 6x6 option when you order and it will be re-sized for you. No worries about any cropping since it is the same dimensions/ratio.

I personally would choose to resize the pages first and work from there--mainly just b/c if I add text it is easier that way. If I add text and then resize, sometimes the text isn't big enough. So that's why I prefer to create at the size I want to print. But that is the ONLY reason. So if there is no text or the text is going to be large, title-like text, it totally doesn't matter.

Also, if you print at home, you can't use option c

And last--it is really a wise idea to *****always***** open the POC files and immediately duplicate the image and then close the original. Many a scrapper has opened the original, worked on it and re-saved over the original file so they could not re-use it. I always try to remember to do this, but sometimes I forget. Getting in the habit of always using "save as" is a good idea too--it has "saved" me many times (sorry--couldn't resist)

Have fun!!!

i have nothing else to add - LOL great advice Nisha and Hollie - THANK YOU!

and THANK YOU, Sandy for the sweetness and GOOD LUCK with the album!
    Shabby Princess
    Owner/Designer
    theShabbyShoppe.com
    <br>

Thank you so much for your help!!!! Since I work full-time, I don't have time to check in & learn all this stuff. Must stop working!!!! Spend time scrapbooking!!!!! Dream, dream.

Hi Sandy-
    Be sure to check out the video that I made *just* for the piece a cake albums too! I walk you through it step by step- you can see the pointer of my mouse moving on the screen even.

Here's the link:
    http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/tutor...ce_a_cake.html

if for some reason that doesn't work for you, here is a link to the screen shot version:
    http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/tutor..._tutorial.html

In step 8 I go over saving for printing

Enjoy the album- it *is* gorgeous isn't it!!!
    Laurie Garza