Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lights Camera...........Actions

Default Lights Camera...........Actions

(edited)

I am a bit of a fan of actions...and have quite a few.. I thought it might be an interesting thread, for people new to actions or those who are always on the look out for new ones.

I was wondering if anyone had any really useful actions to share...(links not the actual actions)

Any sites with free actions are also welcome....
    Last edited by Lanne; 02-21-2006 at 01:32 AM.
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

I have a great chocolate action. If you pm me your email I can send it to you! I can also send you others.

Oh yes, yes, yes!! lol You gotta try Dave's midnight black v2 that can be found here - http://www.atncentral.com/

There are also lots of other actions there that are just as fun. Another favorite is glamor. Gives just a little bit of a softness to your photos.

Oh and on Dave's midnight action if it comes out too dark I usually play slightly with the level to lighten it just a tad.

LIghts, camera Action WIGGLES!!!!

Thats what came to my mind when I saw this thread title!!

I have only written a few actions - I have one to change my pictures from full size down to 72dpi web size!

I leave the rest to Atomic Cupcakes
    [FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]God Bless you,

Susan

*small over excited (and a little overtired brag) here* I was lucky enough to just buy the Kubota Actions.. I bought the Artistic Pak and the Production Pak.. which are currently on sale together. These are a little expensive...
    more so if your exchange rate is bad! (I pay about 30% more for everything..LOL) so about $180 for both, but they are great... they are maaaaybe a little a more complex than most need..designed for professional photographers..but they are about to release a simpler version.....

http://www.kubotaworkshops.com/

Now I need some time to mix and play..and maybe even read the instructions..LOL
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

Hehehe Lanne, I got those a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving them all!! It's really cool how you can layer them for even MORE effects!!
    CASSIE

I have loads of simi pro friends using ittybittyactions from ittybittyactions.com i've found i prefer creating my own corrections per the needs of each photo, but for an overall great almost auto fix, these are superb!
    Happy Snappin' and Scrappin'!
    ~Katy aka PLucky

Default What to do with actions

Lanne,
    I have PE3 and am new to all this stuff. I just downloaded an action, but now don't know what to do with it. Could you help me plaese.
    Thanks
    Mandi

Hi Mandi,

Actions work in some programs, and not in all. I am very unfamiliar with PE3 - so hopefully someone else can help. Always ensure that an action will work in your program.. before buying it... as some may not.

Actions are installed and then loaded. This means you need to save them to the correct folder on your computer (eg. I put mine in Photoshop Actions) and then in photoshop you need to go to the actions menu (dialog box) and then click on the little arrow shape to the side... and select load actions. You can then select your action and load it... then you will see it in your actions list and should be able to press play and run it. This will run the action and carry out the set of prerecorded commands/steps.

I have just done a google search... to see if I can offer any more help.
    Not familiar with these websites but they may offer some assistance..

http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005...Selement3.html
    (about half way down the page they talk about installing an action/effect)

http://www.hiddenelements.com/actions_whitepaper.htm

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pse...qt/actions.htm

Hope that helps.. and that you can start enjoying your actions!
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

Mandi thanks for asking the question I was going to ask and Lanne thanks for the answer! I started digi scrapping almost two years ago and always used fotofusion for my layouts. I am just now starting to use PSE4 and I am just blown away with all that I have been missing! LOL

Can these be "written" in PSE4 or do you need the full photoshop to be able to make your own?
    LORA