Thread: Where did you get your Shabby 2007 Calendar Printed?

Default Where did you get your Shabby 2007 Calendar Printed?

I am not sure if this is the right spot to ask this question or not. I am looking for a company to print my 2007 Shabby Calendar, and would like to know if anyone had any good results with a particular company.

Thanks
    Amanda

Amanda, it would help to know what country you are in

Lots of people seem to use CostCo and WHCC (did I get that right?) in America.
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

Default Me too!

I need to know too. I'm in the good old USA. I don't have an Office Max near me (FL- Tampa area) and I'm not a member of Costco. None of the photo places print 8.5x11. I'm at a loss right now. I tried Office Depot(online) but they wanted to add a cover and it was bound the wrong way. Ugh.

Karlise
    Last edited by thunderbug548; 12-06-2006 at 06:56 PM.

if printing to the correct size is an issue... the solution is simple.

In PS (and i guess you do it in a similar way in other programs)..

I open a new image... make it 8 x 12 inches, and place my 8 x 11.5 on the canvas, I make the background layer a really different colour.. all white, or if the layout is white edged.. i make it hot pink or something similar.. then I trim it when I get home.

If doing a calendar it might be worth making a white strip accross the top and leaving it there.. so that when you bind it you aren't cutting into the image itself... personal preference.

you then take your 8 x 12 print to a normal print place, or .. a photo print lab.. and print them off at 8 x 12 which is a standard print size - or you could print at home on A4/letter paper.
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

When I did a calendar for 2007 I went a different route. I printed it through cafepress. They don't have scrapbook page sized calendars so I designed each page around it. They have several calendars but I used the 11 x 17. It came out better than I ever could have imagined. I sent one to everyone in my family for a Christmas present. And I have one hanging on my wall

I wrote about it in my blog here: http://horseshirts.blogspot.com/2007...oking-ive.html
    And you can see a slide show of the calendar pages. I don't have the credits up in that link for all the great freebies I used, though.
    Heather

Scrappy Pony Designs
    My Blog

Smile

I often print the 8.5X11 stuff at home, but when I have an itch to print something bigger... or don't want to use my own ink... I head off to Costco. I like their glossy stuff. I looked quite awhile before I decided to use them, I just couldn't seem to find anywhere else to print inexpensively. I have this idea (cough cough) that I will probably want to print all the layouts I make so I wanted them to look good an be inexpensive. It's $3 for a 12X18 print. And when I want something smaller, I put a couple of things on a page. It's worked out great!

I have had great luck with www.PagesofaLifetime.com. They print out books, calendars, cards, etc. The quality is great.

I had mine printed at Walgreens. That is a drug store in the US.

You know what's crazy...I was browsing my SP stuff before I went shopping again and noticed I had mine done but never printed it!!! Luckily I have a wide format..so I stuck..I think four? on a page and printed them that way..until I ran out of ink
    Semper Fi
    My Blog
    My Gallery
    ACOT and Scrapix-Design Designer
    Dream Street Papers Designer