Thread: Printing questions!

Default Printing questions!

Hello everyone.. I am new to this forum and new to digital scrapbooking- and scrapbooking in general!

Anyway, I have made a scrapbook page for my mom's birthday next month. I made it in Photoshop CS, it is 3300x3300 pixels and 300dpi.

If I saved this to a disk and took it to Kinko's, does anyone know if they would be able to print me an 11x11 copy of it without edges being cut off and all that? And does anyone know about how much this would cost?

What are the dimensions that you personally use in Photoshop with pages you intend to print?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!!

Hi there.. .lets see if I can help.

Anyway, I have made a scrapbook page for my mom's birthday next month. I made it in Photoshop CS, it is 3300x3300 pixels and 300dpi.

--> woohoo you skipped the most common newbie mistake ever.. you made them the right size! 300dpi for sure!!!
    Another popular 'error' is saving only a .jpg. If you also save a .psd.. you can come back and edit the layers and move things around... great idea when you are starting out.

If I saved this to a disk and took it to Kinko's, does anyone know if they would be able to print me an 11x11 copy of it without edges being cut off and all that? And does anyone know about how much this would cost?

--> do you want it 11 x 11 or are you just printing it that size because you created that size. If you want it smaller (to be more cost effective).. just go to Alt+Ctrl+I (or Image -> Image Size) and resize it down.
    If you want it at 11 by 11 you made need to change the size of the canvas (not the printed area) to make it fit a standard print. I am in australia and dont use kinkos.. but if i wanted to print an 11 x 11 inch print.. i would probably have to print 12 x 18 or 12 x 16. To prep your work for this.. create a new image.. 12 x 16 (for example) and then make it white (i often make them black or white depending on my LO)... then copy your image and paste it on the new image. Centre it.. (this will help - sometimes non pro labs will cut up to 2mm off your image). When you get the print back.. you just cut out the layout

What are the dimensions that you personally use in Photoshop with pages you intend to print?

I print different sizes depending on my purpose. I tend to do a mix of rectangular and square layouts.. so i do those that I want to give away just make for fun at 5 x 7... or 5 x 5 and print on a 5 x 7 canvas. Special ^5ones.. gifts for special occasions etc I print at 6 x 8 (6 x 6) or 8 x 10 (8 x 8)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!!

You are so welcome.. ask questions.. and someone will try and answer them for you. This is a great community for sharing and learning - very supportive!
    Lanne

Proud Shabby Artist!

My Blog

Wow, thank you SO MUCH!!! That was very helpful.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

<3 Stephanie

Red face good!

bump the thread up.--------------------------------our wow gold site:buy wow gold, cheap wow gold, free wow gold,
    take it easy

Default very good!

When wow gold saw this card time, they feel am very surprised, aoc gold is also.They think it is very good,thanks!