Friday, October 28, 2011
Hello again! It’s Casharina here to share one of my favorite soup recipes ~ Chicken Corn Soup!
With the weather cooling down, it’s finally getting to one of my favorite times of the year! Now is the time to dust off all those soup recipes…and this one is one of my favorites! This week we had a lot of family at my house, and the weather was just right to break out the Chicken Corn Soup! I also love it because it is one of those meals that you can make a double batch of and keep in the freezer for a quick meal. Another thing that’s GREAT about this meal is that if you want you can choose to cook it in a crock pot or on the stove…whatever’s easier for you!
To get started you need:
- Chicken ~ We used 3 cans of Chicken Breast from Sams, but you can also use just about any part of a chicken and boil it until it’s done, and/or debone and use the broth in your soup. Today we created it using what I already had on hand!
- Corn ~ 2 cans of corn kernels (any brand or homemade frozen, whatever will work!)
- Hard Boiled Eggs ~ Slice the eggs into small pieces. I have an egg slicer and I use it by cutting the egg horizontal and then turning it and cutting it vertical so that the pieces are quite small. (We really like the egg taste so we use 6 or 7 in our batch for my family: Hub, myself, and two little girlies…who LOVE this meal!)
- Broth ~ 2 large cans of Chicken Broth. If you boiled your fresh chicken save the broth and use it instead of store bought!
- Potatoes ~ 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Love ~ Everything’s better with a little LOVE in the mix!!
Crockpot ~ Add all ingredients to the Crockpot and stir, cook on high for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. (I usually cook mine all day on High so it might vary by Crockpot)
Stove ~ If cooking soup on the stove, watch it until it comes to a boil, turn the heat down to keep the soup mixture simmering. Continue cooking until potatoes are tender, stir every once in a while!
*Taste to make sure the soup is salty enough…add crackers and ENJOY!
If you decide to do a double batch or if you make enough for leftovers, you can freeze it in a freezer-safe container for later, then dump it in a Crockpot or reheat and eat!
I hope this meal brings a smile to your heart and warms up your day!! Here’s a 6×4 recipe card for you to enjoy!
Just click on the image to download (or click HERE)!
Thanks so much for visiting the blog today…hope you enjoyed your stay! ;o) Kylie will be back tomorrow to share our free NOVEMBER Desktop with you. And, SP might just stop by for a surprise visit – YAY!! …so be on the look-out for that! :o)