Thursday, October 28, 2010
Hello everyone! It’s Kylie and I’m very excited to bring you a special little treat – a scrapbooking recipe challenge!!
It’s a little bit tricky (but not in the way you might think) and overflowing with sweet treats! :o) Simply follow the “Trick and Treat” recipe below and create your very own layout. You can take this as an opportunity to scrap a Halloween themed layout but it’s not a challenge requirement. It really is open to any theme, any idea, any interpretation you want – just follow the recipe and scrap, scrap, scrap!!
For a little added inspiration – the ‘winner’ of this “Trick and Treat” recipe challenge will receive a $10 gift card to the Shabby Shoppe! You have a couple of weeks to participate in the challenge and comment back. To be eligible to ‘win’ you must upload your layout to the Shabby Shoppe Blog Challenge Gallery AND post a comment here on this particular blog post with a link to your layout. All challenge entries (gallery upload and your comment) must be received by MIDNIGHT (Eastern Time) on Thursday, November 11th. The ‘winner’ will be chosen at random and will be announced Saturday, November 13th! Please keep in mind that all layouts must contain at least 75% SP product (purchased or free) and remember to follow the “Trick and Treat” recipe! :o) (Also this is a totally separate challenge from the our current Blog Easy-As-Pie Template Challenge Six - so please don’t be confused!)
(Recipe card made with Muffin Man recipe card template no.5, Goose bumps kit and font is LD Twylight)
~*~ Here is a little more explanation than what’s on the recipe card ~*~
Choose one favorite digital scrapbooking trick to add to your page. For example – blending, extraction, creative text paths, brushwork, curled corners, clipping photo masks or anything you like!
And to go with your trick a selection of sweet treats to fill your treat ‘bag’ – oh, ummm – I meant ‘page’! :o)
- Use the typical Halloween colors – black/gray, orange, red, green, purple. Choose one, two, three… or why not use all of them – the choice is yours!
- A combination of 2 solid papers and 3 patterned papers
- 3 photos – big or small, it’s your choice! But, one needs to be framed!
- 2 alphas and 2 fonts to use for your title/s and/or journaling
- 2 ribbons (we’ll accept ric-rac and string here too!) – one repeated or two different
- 3 different elements of your choice – flowers, buttons, rub-ons, stickers, swirlies – what ever you want! You can repeat these over the page if you want to, too!
- A star or two, or maybe more!
- A little added sparkle – this could be something as simple as shiny button or a smattering of glitter,
- And last but not least, tie up your treat ‘bag’ with a little stitching!
If you have any questions about this recipe challenge, please post a comment here! And I’ll reply to you asap!!
Here is what I made with the “Trick and Treat” recipe challenge! For my trick I chose “Photo tinting” – that is where you leave a portion of a photo in color. There is a fabulous tutorial for both PS and PSE users on the Shabby Shoppe Tutorials page. For my sweet treats I used the “too cute to spook!” Goose bumps kit (along with a couple of other Shabby Princess items). Goose bumps is the newest digital kit by Shabby Princess – and I LOVE it for Halloween layouts and also the everyday! :o)
Can’t wait to see what you create! Happy Scrapping!! :o)
Bye for now! And, we’ll see you all back here tomorrow for Food Friday with Lu! YUM!!